Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The saga continues.

I know most of you are probably tired of hearing about my job hunt. I'm also sick of talking about it. Kind of. But until it ends, IT'S CONSUMING MY LIFE. Therefore consuming my blog. The picture above is funny not only because that will most likely be me in a year, but because I was once actually chased by a "homeless" lady in a powerchair. She asked me for money, I said "Ma'am, you're in a powerchair and a fur coat. You're fine."




She didn't like that. So we played tag all the way down Mass. Ave. She almost won. Her new spot is right outside the Park St. T-station. If you see her, you'll know why I ran. She's the one with the trashbag hoodie. Can't miss her.


Anyway. I sometimes feel that Boston is playing a joke on me. It's supposed to be one of, if not the biggest city for college students. There are something like 400,000 students in the greater Boston area?? WHY ARE YOUR STANDARDS FOR RETAIL SO HIGH?? I can handle your federal government's confidential nuclear records, but I can't work for you unless I've personally worked for Tory Burch? YOU'RE THE GAP. I THINK I CAN HANDLE IT.

My favorite scenario is one that happened recently. A store that will remain unnamed (they have a parade on a major holiday involving turkey THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING) brought me in for an interview. It went extremely well (just like the last one that I happened to not receive) so my hopes were low. The HR lady says "Well everything looks good! Can you tell me your availability?" At this point it's all I can do to keep myself from drooling with excitement. Did I succeed? Almost. So, I give her my days and she proceeds to say "Perfect! Well, we don't have any open positions right now, but if one comes up, we will keep you in mind!"









I hope the subway door shut on your face during your commute home.






That being said, I have an interview for an HR internship at a Fortune 500 company on Thursday. Will I survive if I don't get it? Yes. Will my wardrobe? No. RIP Summer Collection 2011. You could have been good to me.



                                          (Minus the bag. Not even I can pull that off in real life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment