Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Talent

Going to a music school, I sometimes wish that I could be a songwriter. I have no problem writing the music, but I'm just not very good with words. I try to come up with deep, profound lyrics that always somehow end up rhyming in a very Dr. Seuss way. I had given up on my songwriting dream long ago and accepted that I will just end up being the CEO of some multi-billion dollar music entertainment company. I'm okay with it, not everyone's life turns out the way that they want it to. Anyway, during the past week, an angel came down in the form of Rebecca Black and informed me that literally anyone can be a songwriter, and write about anything they want to. You just have to make sure you include the title of the song in your chorus and repeat it 75 times per chorus. A couple of weeks ago on Glee, Rachel wrote an entire song entitled "My Headband." I won't deny the fact that if that song had made it onto iTunes, I would have most likely purchased it. These two women have made me realize that I can pursue my dream of songwriting no matter how talentless I am with lyrics, and I just want to give a little shout out to them for that. Thanks ladies!


No comments:

Post a Comment